Accounts Payable Clerk
The Head Office for Charm Diamond Centres (CJ Limited) is looking to add a full-time Accounts Payable Clerk to join our team at our location in Dartmouth, NS.
In business since 1972, CJ Limited is the largest family-owned and operated Canadian jewellery company and a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Operating over 80 stores from coast to coast, it is our passion for people and jewellery that has led to our success and we seek like-minded individuals who share our excitement and enthusiasm to join our team. If you’re looking to make a difference and up for a challenge this could be the right opportunity for you!
The Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for:
- Entry of accounts payable invoices
- Reviewing supplier invoices to ensure they meet requirements
- Reconciling vendor accounts monthly/yearly
- Processing/submitting expense reimbursements
- Processing corporate credit cards
- Processing requests for vendor credit
- Responding to supplier inquiries
- Preparing cheque runs by entering invoices in a timely manner to be paid, selecting the appropriate invoices for payment, processing and distributing checks and electronic payments
- Maintaining vendor master files; entering new vendors and updating existing vendor information
- Providing backup for other functions in the department as needed
- Other miscellaneous projects and duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2+ years related experience in Accounts Payable, with post-secondary education in Accounting or Finance, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience using accounting software considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Friendly and energetic team player with a positive attitude
We offer a progressive and caring work environment. Compensation will commensurate with previous experience and/or education.
If you are a self-motivated and organized individual and meet these requirements, we would love to meet you! Please apply online by sending your resume and cover letter by Friday, November 25, 2022.
CJ Limited is an equal-opportunity employer and we encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply. We employ individuals without regard to race, age, religion, disability, gender or national origin. Accommodations are available upon request for all individuals with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process.