Store Assistant Team Leader (Saint John Store) FULL-TIME
SAINT JOHN, NB
FULL TIME STORE ASSISTANT TEAM LEADER
A Little Bit About Us
Maritime Beauty was founded in 1966 as a full-service professional beauty supply distributor for the Maritime Provinces. Our organization has seen extraordinary growth over the years and is proud to be an industry leader in the Maritimes representing numerous top professional lines. We currently have a store network of 17 locations in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island.
The ability of Maritime Beauty to remain competitive and successful in today’s world is directly attributable to our employees. We value our employees and strive to offer an environment of challenge, continued growth and learning opportunities.
We are looking for an Assistant Team Leader to join our Saint John Store Team. The Assistant Team Leader provides support to our Store Team Leader in the leadership and development of our Sales Associates, with the aim of continuously improving service quality. Our ideal candidate has a solid work ethic, collaborative attitude, is extremely organized, enjoys routine, yet can switch gears at a moment’s notice.
- Assist in leading improved customer service experiences through support, leading by example, training and implementation of policies & procedures and behaviors.
- Assist in training Store Associates.
- Lead the successful execution of merchandising, signage and maintenance of sections assigned to Store Associates.
- Ensure MBS and manufacturer drive promotions have optimum positioning and signage for successful sell through.
- Assist in management driven promotions and sales of monthly focus items and upsell and spiff programs for associates.
- Assist with sale day planning and execution through pre-books, telemarketing, salon visits, merchandising, and activities that bear growth.
- Assist in education event planning, focus and sell through.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of all MBS business and client information.
- Demonstrate our company culture and values
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications & Core Competencies
- 1 year + retail sales experience
- High School diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate
- 1 year + management experience preferred
- Certificate or Degree in business, marketing, commerce, or a related discipline is preferred
- Hair, Esthetic, or other industry license preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Organization, time management, and prioritization skills
- Strong analytical, research, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Positive and motivated attitude
- Flexible, ability to quickly adapt to change and be a driver of change
Location: 420 Rathesay Ave., Saint John, NB E2J 2C2
Job Type: Full Time (30+ hours per week), Permanent.
Schedule/Store Hours: Must be available to work weekdays & weekends as needed.
Current Store Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm
Compensation: We're proud to offer a fair, competitive, and equitable process to determining your hourly wage that is based on your skills, knowledge, experience, and internal equity. You can rest assured that we will present you our best offer. In addition, you will be eligible for monthly and quarterly incentive programs.
- Medical benefits (Health, Dental and Life Insurances)
- Bonus & Incentive Structure
- Team-Building Sessions
- RSP Matching Contribution Plan
- Employee Discount
- Service Recognition Program
- Enhanced Vacation Plan and Sick/Personal Days
- Corporate Charitable Donation Program
- Employee Fitness Program
- Personal, Professional and Career Development Program
- Maternity Leave Top-Up Program
We’re actively seeking candidates for our Assistant Team Leader position and are keen to see your application. Candidates who believe they possess an equivalent combination of experience, training, and personal attributes are encouraged to apply. If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those being considered will be contacted.
Maritime Beauty Supply is an equal opportunity employer.
*** Please note: To ensure all your answers are captured on our assessment, please complete it on a laptop/computer, not on a cellphone, thank you ***