Store Associate (Summerside Store) PART-TIME
PART TIME STORE ASSOCIATE
A Little Bit About Us
Maritime Beauty was founded in 1966 as a full-service professional beauty supply distributor for the Maritime Provinces. Our organization has seen extraordinary growth over the years and is proud to be an industry leader in the Maritimes representing numerous top professional lines. We currently have a store network of 17 locations in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island.
The ability of Maritime Beauty to remain competitive and successful in today’s world is directly attributable to our employees. We value our employees and strive to offer an environment of challenge, continued growth and learning opportunities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Store Associate to join our Summerside Store Team. Our ideal candidate has a positive & collaborative ‘can-do’ attitude with a strong desire to help clients and grow store sales. Those looking for a role where they can contribute and learn in equal measure will fit in well.
- Proactively make each client’s visit a delightful and memorable customer service experience
- Educate clients through consultative selling, promoting new products and knowledge of promotions
- Proactively self-educate on product knowledge of brands and categories, features and benefits through PK books, websites and use of store samples and testers.
- Participate in training sessions to obtain product knowledge, manufacturer information, selling skills, customer service experience skills.
- Use sales techniques such as suggestive selling to secure maximum sales
- Follow merchandising standards and maintain assigned sections and signage
- Complete transactions accurately and efficiently
- Perform opening and closing duties
- Participate in upsell and spiff programs by actively suggestive selling to clients to achieve store and individual sales goals
- Work effectively as a team, use and learn from each other's knowledge and support your co-workers
- Demonstrate our company culture and values
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications & Core Competencies
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate
- Hair, Esthetic, or other industry license is a plus
- Bilingual (French) preferred
- 1 year + of retail sales experience
- 1 year + of customer service experience
- Desire to consistently deliver superior customer service
- Strong technical aptitude
- Positive and self-motivated
- Thrive in a team setting and able to work independently
Location: 478 Granville st, Summerside, PE C1N 4K6
Job Type: Part Time position with fluctuating hours. Current business needs (Up to 20 hours per week).
Schedule/Store Hours: Must be available to work weekdays & weekends as needed.
Current Store Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 4:00pm
Compensation: We're proud to offer a fair, competitive, and equitable process to determining your hourly wage that is based on your skills, knowledge, experience, and internal equity. You can rest assured that we will present you our best offer. In addition, you will be eligible for a monthly incentive program and a $250 bonus upon successful completion of the probation period.
- Medical benefits (Health, Dental and Life Insurances)
- Bonus & Incentive Structure
- Team-Building Sessions
- RSP Matching Contribution Plan
- Employee Discount
- Service Recognition Program
- Enhanced Vacation Plan and Sick/Personal Days
- Corporate Charitable Donation Program
- Employee Fitness Program
- Personal, Professional and Career Development Program
- Maternity Leave Top-Up Program
We’re actively seeking candidates for our Store Associate position, and keen to see your application. Candidates who believe they possess an equivalent combination of experience, training, and personal attributes are encouraged to apply. If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact our HR department at email@example.com.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those being considered will be contacted.
Maritime Beauty Supply is an equal opportunity employer.
***Please note: To ensure all of your answers are captured on our assessment, please complete it on a laptop/computer, not on a cellphone, thank you***
Prince Edward Island, Canada