Welcome To Finger Lakes Pet Resort
As a Pet Groomer at Finger Lakes Pet Resort, you will be responsible for providing high-quality grooming services to our furry clients. You will work alongside our team that has served the community for over 20 years. Overall, our grooming, daycare, and boarding team has a combined total of over 50 years of experience in grooming and pet services.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Talking to your clients to consult on their requests for haircut and grooming instructions.
- Recommending grooming services, add-ons and upgrades based on the pet’s needs, coat condition, health, etc.
- Utilize grooming instruments, including shears, clippers and dryers.
- Perform grooming services per client instructions & requests.
- Experience with all breeds of dogs and all temperaments including puppies, nervous and older dogs.
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary work environment throughout the day and deep clean at end of shift
- Skilled in other areas including nail trims, bathing, ear cleaning, and anal gland expressing.
- Pet groomers are required to bathe their own dogs.
- The position requires bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 50 pounds, as necessary), and standing for long periods of time.
- At least 6 months of professional pet grooming experience required.
Pet Groomers who have experience with cats is a HUGE PLUS!
To be successful in this role, you should have a love for animals and a desire to provide exceptional customer services. Qualified applicants must have a strong work ethic, communication and customer service skills, and a friendly attitude. We're looking for a responsible, articulate, and motivated pet groomer who can quickly identify vulnerabilities and obstacles, and then create innovative solutions to any problems.
At Finger Lakes Pet Resort, we pride ourselves on providing a welcoming and friendly environment for both pets and their owners. As such, we are looking for someone who is personable, hard-working, outgoing, and able to communicate effectively with the team.
Flexible scheduling: Must be able to work weekends (at least on occasion or rotate weekend availability, candidates who are available Saturday/Sunday or both days are a HUGE plus!)
If you are passionate about working with animals and providing top-notch grooming services, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
Position Details Apply
If you have a passion for animals and their well-being, you've come to the right place!
We are currently looking for a dedicated individual to join our team as a Dog Daycare Specialist. At Finger Lakes Pet Resort we pride ourselves on providing exceptional pet care, focusing on our core values of pet purposefulness, playfulness, and togetherness. We believe that caring for our furry guests is a collaborative effort, and we make sure to enjoy ourselves while providing top-notch care.
As part of our team, you will be surrounded by like-minded animal lovers who are committed to ensuring the happiness and safety of dogs while their owners are away.
We're on the hunt for attentive, punctual, and totally pawsome individuals who have a genuine love for working with pets.
What you'll be doing:
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure each pet is treated with respect and dignity, and has a safe and fun boarding experience
- Our Dog Daycare Specialists that are Caregivers work one-on-one with our guests, as opposed to in groups
- Willing to learn animal behavior to ensure their safety
- Ensure kennels and play areas are clean and pleasant to be in
- Cheerful, friendly, positive team-oriented attitude
- Clean all equipment, toys, dishes, suites, floors, etc. Cleaning is a big part of what we do.
- Use common sense to solve problems as it relates to dogs in our care.
- Understand or learn about canine body language and how to make the dogs comfortable in meeting you and having you lead them into our facility.
- If you are a hard worker who takes direction well, are quick on your feet, and have initiative to make your job great then this may be the job for you.
- We love to have fun and take our job of caring for people’s pets seriously. Safety and security are a priority while enjoying all we do. We are a team and communication is key in keeping the operations going.
- This is a physically demanding job. We ask that you be able to safely lift 50 pounds, have hand-eye coordination, and are comfortable in environments where dogs sometimes jump on you.
- Must have basic customer service skills and be able to follow our safety protocols.
- Must love dogs. We have a lot of them!
Pay: $16 per hour
Position Details Apply